-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. "What makes humility so desirable is the marvelous thing it does to us; it creates in us a capacity for the closest possible intimacy with God." -- Monica Baldwin
- Put the logo on your blog post.
- Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
- Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
- Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
- Remember to link to the person from whom your received your Splash award.
1. From the Left. Christopher over at From the Left (http://fromtheleft.wordpress.com/) lays it down form the perspective of a gay guy who is also a political geek. The guy seems to think politics 24/7. But in so doing, he provides a valuable niche in the blogosphere.
2 . illkeep you posted. Cory over at ill keepyouposted (http://illkeepyouposted.typepad.com/ill_keep_you_posted) writes very thoughtful posts about everything. But he seems to be at his best when he talks about music or movies. And when it comes to jazz or R&B from the back in the day, a brotha kicks it like Einstein on the chalkboard or Chuck D on the mike Public Enemy style. Love it.
3. Big Man over at Raving Black Lunatic (http://ravingblacklunatic.blogspot.com) lays it down on all the issues pertinent to black folks. Not only that, a brotha finds time to lay something on you to let you know, without preaching, that he writes in the spirit of God, the ultimate blogger of us all.
4. Rippa over at the Intersection of Madness and Realtity (http://rippdemup.blogspot.com/) hits it with a vengeance. Writing like a mad man with mad plans running out of time, a brotha wants to school you, not try to fool you; So a brotha hits it hard but makes it plain on every issue, every post. Before you know it, you hear yourself saying, "Now that's real!" Check him out.
5. Sistah over at New Black Woman (http://www.thenewblackwoman.com/) breaks a favorite. Her posts not only possess strong content; they are varied as well. One day, she is talking about Karzai in Afghanistan, on another day the abuse of latinos in the American South, on yet another a crazy black man running for mayor in Mississippi who wants to bring back the rope to hang black so-called criminals. This blog expands your knowledge as well as make you think. Check out The New Black Woman.