TALK TO THE DADDY

Hello. Come on in. The daddy writes about current events, literature, music and, once in a while, drops something on you from back in the day to make you pause and ponder, stop and stare, and begin to wonder. Who knows? You may start to pace the floor, shake your head from side to side, then fall down on bended knees in a praying position and cry, "Lawd, have mercy! What is this world coming to?" Check yourself! But this blog is NOT about the daddy. It's about you: your boos, your fam, your hood, your country...our hopes and dreams of a better tomorrow. So let's make a pact: the daddy will put it on the track if you'll chase it down and hit him back. Together, we can definitely take it to another level. Shall we?"

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Inspiration Sunday: Here comes the sun by George Harrison



Here comes the sun
by George Harrison

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
And I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
And I say it's all right
It's all right

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the Beatles. They had great songs and they had harmony.

rainywalker said...

"Here Comes the Sun," literally ofter 10 years [average 8 years]the sun has started forming sun spots, which warm the earth.

Somebodies Friend said...

I always loved the beatles, I stated listening to them literally right after they broke up, when I was in my early teens.

I love this song, it reminds me that even though times have been gloomy, the sunshine can and does always return, to brighten up another day.

I had a pretty good day today McDaddy, even though I had almost a white light realization, I'm going to write about it.

It is funny really.

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

Everyone: Thanks for the comments.

Somebody: I hope that sun peeping through the clouds and George Harrison helped. Blessings, my brotha.

SagaciousHillbilly said...

Great song Daddy. Yea, I'm a really big Beatles guy. Can't help it.

Kentucky Rain said...

Just wonderful! I always loved this song and reading it brought back many, many memories and, quite frankly, made my day. Maybe I'm just easy to please. Thanks McDaddy!

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Hi Mac, When I think of the sun in music, I think of Stevie Wonder's There's A Place In The Sun. This was nice too.

BTW, I recently discovered jazz singer Abbey Lincoln. I heard a song, Bird Alone, liked it, and checked out the album on Napster. It's really mellow. She looked familiar too. I looked her up and found she played with the great Sidney Poitier in For The Love Of Ivy in '68, a movie I fuzzily remember. She was married to Max Roach too.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case you want to do a post on her someday.

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

Kit: I love that song by Wonder. In fact, I'll post it with another sun peeping through the clouds. And, metaphorically, it's more appropriate for today than before--given the Presidential election.

Yes, Abbey Lincoln was great. I'll be posting on her.