TALK TO THE DADDY

Hello. Come on in. The daddy writes about current events, literature, music and, once in a while, drops something on you from back in the day to make you pause and ponder, stop and stare, and begin to wonder. Who knows? You may start to pace the floor, shake your head from side to side, then fall down on bended knees in a praying position and cry, "Lawd, have mercy! What is this world coming to?" Check yourself! But this blog is NOT about the daddy. It's about you: your boos, your fam, your hood, your country...our hopes and dreams of a better tomorrow. So let's make a pact: the daddy will put it on the track if you'll chase it down and hit him back. Together, we can definitely take it to another level. Shall we?"

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

God, Take Good Care of Isaac Hayes by Susan Moonstone

Fallen angel,
traveling minstrel,
play your guitar for me.
The way you always did.
Strumming my heartstrings,
humming the rhythm
to the beat of my heart
knowing what it does to me.You were sadly taken away,
gone to rock and roll heaven,
only to join, Jim,Jimmy, Janice,
Elvis, Ricky, John, Bobby, and now Isaac.
There must be one hell of a band,
singing and rocking to the heavens,
and I know you are there with the best,
living the life of a rocking angel.You were my best friend,
My musical genius, my companion,
and now a memory that makes me smile.
I know you are in rock and roll heaven,
and I know you are making sweet music,
but please do me a favor,
and take good care of Isaac Hayes!

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i remember crossing his yard everyday on way home from elementray school

MountainLaurel said...

That poem brought tears to my eyes. Healthy, energizing tears. Thanks for sharing it.

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Wow.

Powerful.